Contract advisory Expert
"A thorough analysis of the technical documentation and detailed preparation of the project schedule allows us to avoid complications during the implementation of the investment."
- MSc. of Civil Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
- Authorization to design in the construction and construction industry in an unlimited scope
- Member of the Polish and Mazovian Regional Chamber of Civil Engineers
Sławomir is a Contract Advisory Expert at CAS. He has extensive experience in contract management at every stage of the investment process, for investors, general contractors and other parties to the construction process.
Sławomir has over twenty years of professional experience, which he gained also by working on international projects. During their implementation, he efficiently managed risks through their early identification and continuous monitoring, indicating ways to mitigate them. He used the knowledge of cost estimation of the investment process in project management, which had a significant impact on the effective management of implementation costs. He was responsible for arrangements between the relevant stakeholders from the perspective of various aspects of the project, from the contracting authority, through an international design and construction consortium.
He managed a multi-discipline design team combining architectural, construction, tunnel, track, installation and finishing functions, ensuring compliance of the delivered projects with the appropriate stages of implementation.
Other areas of competence
- Preparation and supervision of contract procedures;
- Information flow management;
- Introducing changes and issuing contract instructions;
- Verification of quality control of works and technical documentation;
- Supervising subordinate teams in terms of quality of workmanship and compliance with technical documentation;
- Controlling subcontractors in the performance of works ensuring compliance of their course with the technical documentation;
- Preparation of conceptual assumptions;
- Developing a work schedule and assigning tasks;
- Budget planning and costing;
- Evaluation of the effects of work and the introduction of possible corrections;
- Conducting meetings with contractors and negotiating the terms of contracts.
Preparation and defense against claims:
- Preparation of claims and defense against claims (regarding: extension of project implementation time, increase in costs related to extension of time, additional costs of accelerating project implementation, justification and calculation of costs of additional works, costs of project disruption).
Investment cost management:
- Cost planning and project budgeting;
- Cost risk assessment;
- Value engineering;
- Preparation of tender documentation;
- Organization and conduct of the tender process;
- Coordination of the timeliness of submitted tender offers
- Participation in negotiations in the tender phase and advice on the concluded contract;
- Cost control and monitoring;
- Verification of the progress of works, periodic settlements and preparation of payment certificates;
- Verification of introduced changes and their costs;
- Preparation and negotiation of the final settlement of projects;
- Verification of settlements with subcontractors;
- Project cost consultancy.