Dispute Resolution & Quantum Expert
- M.Sc., Engineer in Civil Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
- M.Sc., Construction Law and Dispute Resolution, LeedsBeckett University, England
- Member of RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors);
- Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators;
- Member of the Polish and Masovian District Chamber of Civil Engineers – license to manage and supervise construction works in construction and civil-engineering industry, unlimited in scope
Maciej is a Master of Science at Warsaw University of Technology. He is also a postgraduate in the range of Construction Law and Dispute Resolution at LeedsBeckett University in England. He is licensed to manage and supervise construction works in construction and civil-engineering industry, unlimited in scope.
Maciej is a member of RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors), Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and Polish and Masovian District Chamber of Civil Engineers. Maciej has over 30 years of professional experience in costs control, which he gained while working in international construction and consulting companies in Poland and abroad. He is a specialist in contracting methods and standard forms of construction contracts, including FIDIC, AIA and JCT. Maciej participated in the implementation of multiple projects related claims, dispute resolution and contract management. His experience will cover issues such as: claims identification, determination of the value of financial claims, identification and management of risks and design capabilities, analysis of claims or advice on claims and resolving disputes. During the implementation of the above projects, he performed both on the side of the Ordering Party and the Contractor.
In CAS Maciej specializes in drawing up expert opinions on cost analyses.
Other areas of competence
- Serving as an expert witness (cost analysis, term analysis, works quality and technical aspects analysis) in proceedings before common and arbitration courts;
- Consulting in the dispute resolution procedure.
Preparation and defence against claims:
- Preparing claims and defending against claims (regarding: extending the time of project implementation, increase of costs related to extending the time of project implementation, additional costs of speeding up project implementation, legitimacy and cost calculation of additional works, project implementation interference cost
- Cost planning and project budget implementation;
- Cost risks assessment;
- Value engineering;
- Drawing up tender documentation;
- Organisation and conduct of the tender process;
- Participation in negotiations at the tender phase and consultancy regarding the concluded contract;
- Preparation of financial schedules;
- Cost control and monitoring;
- Making financial reports;
- Verification of work progress and periodic billing as well as preparation of payment certificates;
- Verification of introduced changes and their costs;
- Preparation and negotiation of final project settlement;
- Verification of settlements with subcontractors;
- Advice on project costs.