Senior Claims Specialist
""Working at CAS allows me to improve my skills in the area of claims.""
- Master of Laws, University of Gdańsk, Poland
- Postgraduate studies: Contract Engineer, organized in cooperation with the Association of Consulting Engineers and
- Appraisers (SIDiR) and the Lazarski University in Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
- Candidate internship – SIDiR
Maciej is a graduate of the University of Gdańsk, majoring in Law, as well as postgraduate studies in Contract Engineering, organized in cooperation with the Association of Consulting Engineers and Appraisers (SIDiR) and the Lazarski University in Warsaw.
He gained his experience working for General Contractors as a Specialist and then as a Claims Manager in the implementation of large construction investments, mainly in the field of infrastructure construction. His main responsibilities included creating claims and conducting a claims policy towards the Ordering Party (including defense against claims from the Investor), as well as conducting disputes regarding additional works and changes to the construction contract. Maciej was also responsible for developing procedures and forms for projects, including those related to the creation and administration of contracts for individual contracts. Currently, Maciej specializes in the implementation of private opinions in the field of term analyses, with particular emphasis on issues related to legal and contractual issues.
In the analyses, Maciej assesses the impact of events on individual tasks, milestones and the end date of the project. The most frequently used analysis techniques include: Impacted as planned, As planned vs. As built. The analysis performed is carried out strictly in connection with the applicable contract provisions.
Currently, Maciej is completing a candidate internship at the Association of Consulting Engineers and Appraisers (SIDiR).
He is a Claims Specialist in the CAS team.
Other areas of competence
Preparation and defense against claims
- Preparing claims and defending against claims regarding: extension of project implementation time, increase in associated costs
with extension of time, additional costs of accelerating project implementation, validity and calculation of costs of additional works, costs of disruption of project implementation;
- Advising on claims and disputes, including acting as a client representative or independent expert;
- Preparation of a claims strategy.
Planning and scheduling:
- Planning and preparation of schedules at all stages of projects (general and detailed schedules);
- Reporting on work progress at all stages of projects;
- Analysis of plans and schedules;
- Critical path analysis of projects;
- Verification of introduced changes and their impact on the project implementation deadline.
- Preparation and supervision of the implementation of contract procedures;
- Information flow management;
- Periodic monitoring of ongoing projects.