18 October 2021
On Wednesday, October 20th 2021, a CAS webinar will be held on the results published in our latest Report “Costs in construction 2016-2021 with particular emphasis on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in the period 2020-2021”. CAS Experts will also present methods of pursuing claims related to the increase in costs occurring in the period from Q4 2020 to the present.
During the webinar, Maciej Kajrukszto and Jan Gandziarowski will discuss the following issues:
- The level of cost increase by sectors: building construction, road and rail infrastructure
- Factors determining cost increases
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the increase in costs
- Can cost increases be predicted?
- Grounds for claiming an increase in remuneration due to an increase in the cost of performing a construction contract:
- Contractual indexation clauses
- Rebus sic stantibus Statutory basis for the adjustment of remuneration by the Court based on article 3571 § 1 of the Civil Code and article 632 § 2 of the Civil Code
- A claim for damages based on article 471 of the Civil Code
- Application of article 15r and article 15r1 of the Act of March 2, 2020 on special solutions related to the prevention, prevention and combating of COVID -19, other infectious diseases and crisis situations caused by them
We encourage you to participate in the webinar.
Date: October 20 at 10: 00-11: 30
Registration link: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_GvEcWxvvTC-YseIqd3HYPg
Participation in the meeting is free of charge.
See you soon!